'Welfare Benefits and Tax Credits Handbook' - new edition
Written for claimants and their advisers, CPAG’s annually updated Handbook is the definitive guide to all welfare benefits and tax credits.
Updated, this edition gives comprehensive advice about entitlement in 2014/15, and helps you understand the recent sweeping changes in the benefits and tax credits system including the new personal independence payment, the gradual roll-out of universal credit, the benefit cap and rent restrictions. It includes information on claiming and getting paid, and tactical information to help users navigate the complexities of the system and enforce their rights.
The Handbook explains:
- Which benefits and tax credits you can claim.
- Work-related requirements you must meet, and what happens to your benefit if you do not comply.
- How your disability or health is assessed for employment and support allowance and the new personal independence payment.
- How and when the new universal credit will affect you.
- When your benefits may be restricted by the new benefit cap or ‘bedroom tax’.
- How to challenge a decision, and what to do if you have been overpaid or accused of fraud.
The Handbook is fully indexed and cross-referenced to law, regulations, official guidance, and court, Upper Tribunal and commissioners’ decisions. It is supplied to all Citizens Advice Bureaux, and is used by advisers, local authority staff and lawyers, as well as by claimants.
Bimonthly updates to the Handbook are published in the Welfare Rights Bulletin.
To order your copy either:
- Buy it now from the Child Poverty Action Group online shop
- Download the order form
- Call 020 7837 7979 to order by phone
* please note copies are currently being despatched to CPAG Rights membersand customers who pre-ordered.
Discounts and offers:
- CPAG Rights members each receive one copy of the Handbook, plus 10 per cent discount on additional copies pre-ordered before 31 March 2014, plus 5 per cent discount on CPAG training courses.
- Claimant discount available (for individuals on means-tested benefits)
- For bulk or large order discounts, please call us on 020 7837 7979